Affiliate link disclosure – The BMW Repair Guide uses affiliate links in their site. For more information on affiliate links, please click here.
This article covers replacing the high beam bulb in a BMW F30 3 series vehicle with the ZKW halogen headlight assembly. Even though we used a 2014 320i to perform this repair, this article can be applied to any 2012-2019 F30 3 series vehicle with halogen headlights with minor modifications to the repair steps.
See all vehicles this article applies to
F30 3 Series 318d
F30 3 Series Hybrid 3
F30 3 Series 335iX
F30 3 Series 335i
F30 3 Series 335dX
F30 3 Series 330d
F30 3 Series 330dX
F30 3 Series 328i
F30 3 Series 328dX
F30 3 Series 328d
F30 3 Series 328iX
F30 3 Series 320iX
F30 3 Series 325d
F30 3 Series 320i
F30 3 Series 320i ed
F30 3 Series 320dX
F30 3 Series 320d ed
F30 3 Series 320d
F30 3 Series 318dX
F30 3 Series 316i
F30 3 Series 316d
A BMW F30 high beam bulb replacement is a simple repair that only takes a couple minutes to complete.
The high beam bulb on 2012-2019 3 series vehicles with halogen "ZKW" headlights is located within the interior lens circle of the headlight assembly.
The BMW F30 high beam bulb is an H7 halogen lamp that is accessed from the top of the headlight assembly (please see our repair steps below). Always replace your 3 series high beam bulb with a high-quality replacement. We give you several great options below to choose from including high-performance replacements if you wish to enhance the look of your vehicle.
View the detailed parts diagram for this repair.
Includes detailed part diagrams, part numbers and links to purchase all of the required components needed to complete this repair.
Section 1 - BMW F30 High Beam Bulb Replacement
- The high beam bulb in 2012-2019 BMW 3 series vehicles with halogen headlights is removed from the top of the headlight assembly.
- Locate the plastic bulb access cover on the top of the headlight assembly. Remove it by turning it counter clockwise.
- The high beam bulb is held in place by a metal locking clip. The metal clip must be bent back to allow the bulb to be pulled free from the headlight.
- Using your fingers to bend the metal locking clip back. If you can't fit your fingers in, use a metal pick or small flat blade screwdriver.
- Grasp the high beam bulb and pull it free from the headlight.
- Unplug the high beam bulb (you may need to use a flat blade screwdriver to pry it out).
- Replace the high beam bulb following the above directions in reverse. Never touch the new halogen bulb with your fingers...the oil from your skin can cause it to overheat.
BMW F30 High Beam Bulb Replacement Finished