A BMW F30 high beam bulb replacement is a simple repair that only takes a couple minutes to complete.
- The high beam bulb in 2012-2019 BMW 3 series vehicles with halogen headlights is removed from the top of the headlight assembly.
- Locate the plastic bulb access cover on the top of the headlight assembly. Remove it by turning it counter clockwise.
- The high beam bulb is held in place by a metal locking clip. The metal clip must be bent back to allow the bulb to be pulled free from the headlight.
- Using your fingers to bend the metal locking clip back. If you can't fit your fingers in, use a metal pick or small flat blade screwdriver.
- Grasp the high beam bulb and pull it free from the headlight.
- Unplug the high beam bulb (you may need to use a flat blade screwdriver to pry it out).
- Replace the high beam bulb following the above directions in reverse. Never touch the new halogen bulb with your fingers...the oil from your skin can cause it to overheat.