Affiliate link disclosure – The BMW Repair Guide uses affiliate links in their site. For more information on affiliate links, please click here.
This article covers replacing the high beam bulb in a BMW F30 3 series vehicle with the ZKW halogen headlight assembly. Even though we used a 2014 320i to perform this repair, this article can be applied to any 2012-2019 F30 3 series vehicle with halogen headlights with minor modifications to the repair steps.
See all vehicles this article applies to
F30 3 Series 318d
F30 3 Series Hybrid 3
F30 3 Series 335iX
F30 3 Series 335i
F30 3 Series 335dX
F30 3 Series 330d
F30 3 Series 330dX
F30 3 Series 328i
F30 3 Series 328dX
F30 3 Series 328d
F30 3 Series 328iX
F30 3 Series 320iX
F30 3 Series 325d
F30 3 Series 320i
F30 3 Series 320i ed
F30 3 Series 320dX
F30 3 Series 320d ed
F30 3 Series 320d
F30 3 Series 318dX
F30 3 Series 316i
F30 3 Series 316d
A BMW F30 high beam bulb replacement is a simple repair that only takes a couple minutes to complete.
The high beam bulb on 2012-2019 3 series vehicles with halogen "ZKW" headlights is located within the interior lens circle of the headlight assembly.
The BMW F30 high beam bulb is an H7 halogen lamp that is accessed from the top of the headlight assembly (please see our repair steps below). Always replace your 3 series high beam bulb with a high-quality replacement. We give you several great options below to choose from including high-performance replacements if you wish to enhance the look of your vehicle.
View the detailed parts diagram for this repair.
Includes detailed part diagrams, part numbers and links to purchase all of the required components needed to complete this repair.
Before starting this repair, you must have the following required parts.
All BMW vehicles
Don't let a burnt out bulb limit your vision at night. This H7 replacement bulb will get your exterior lights lit up properly, so you can see and be seen while driving in the dark. Silverstar bulbs are 100% street legal, and made to project a brighter, whiter light than standard bulbs; up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more down road visibility, and up to 35% more side road illumination for improved night vision.12V–55W
Fits all F30 Vehicles.
Don't let burnt out bulbs limit your vision at night. These Ziza Platinum White H7 bulbs will replace your stock bulbs, and emit a cleaner white light, comparable to 7500K HID color, when compared to the stock bulbs. These platinum white H7 replacement bulbs will get your exterior lights lit up properly, so you can see and be seen. This set includes 2 (two) bulbs
Fits many different BMW models
8000K blue h7 led headlight bulb with top automotive-grade COB led chips, 60W, 12,000LM per pair output. 300% brightness compared to original factory bulbs, offering you further & clearer vision for safer driving. Featuring an adjustable beam pattern design with a clear cutoff point, the H7 led headlights focus down the road so they wonâ€™t blind or glare oncoming traffic. All F30 models.
Section 1 - BMW F30 High Beam Bulb Replacement
- The high beam bulb in 2012-2019 BMW 3 series vehicles with halogen headlights is removed from the top of the headlight assembly.
- Locate the plastic bulb access cover on the top of the headlight assembly. Remove it by turning it counter clockwise.
- The high beam bulb is held in place by a metal locking clip. The metal clip must be bent back to allow the bulb to be pulled free from the headlight.
- Using your fingers to bend the metal locking clip back. If you can't fit your fingers in, use a metal pick or small flat blade screwdriver.
- Grasp the high beam bulb and pull it free from the headlight.
- Unplug the high beam bulb (you may need to use a flat blade screwdriver to pry it out).
- Replace the high beam bulb following the above directions in reverse. Never touch the new halogen bulb with your fingers...the oil from your skin can cause it to overheat.
BMW F30 High Beam Bulb Replacement Finished