Affiliate link disclosure – The BMW Repair Guide uses affiliate links in their site. For more information on affiliate links, please click here.
This article covers replacing the fog light bulb in a BMW F30 3 series vehicle. Even though we used a 2014 320i to perform this repair, this article can be applied to any 2012-2019 F30 3 series vehicle with minor modifications to the repair steps.
See all vehicles this article applies to
F30 3 Series 318d
F30 3 Series Hybrid 3
F30 3 Series 335iX
F30 3 Series 335i
F30 3 Series 335dX
F30 3 Series 330d
F30 3 Series 330dX
F30 3 Series 328i
F30 3 Series 328dX
F30 3 Series 328d
F30 3 Series 328iX
F30 3 Series 320iX
F30 3 Series 325d
F30 3 Series 320i
F30 3 Series 320i ed
F30 3 Series 320dX
F30 3 Series 320d ed
F30 3 Series 320d
F30 3 Series 318dX
F30 3 Series 316i
F30 3 Series 316d
A BMW F30 fog light bulb replacement only takes a few minutes and can be done by even the most novice home mechanic.
The fog lights on 2012-2019 3 series vehicles are located on the lower front bumper and are manually activated by a dashboard button located next to the headlight switch. BMW fog lights assist the headlights in low visibility conditions by illuminating the driving surface. Their low proximity to the ground helps keep the road surface in view in rainy or foggy conditions with minimal glare in the driver's eyes.
A BMW fog light bulb replacement requires loosening the front fender liner and bending it slightly back to access the rear of the lamp. The H8 fog light bulb can then be easily removed from the rear of the lamp assembly and replaced. We give detailed step-by-step instructions below on how to perform this procedure.
View the detailed parts diagram for this repair.
Includes detailed part diagrams, part numbers and links to purchase all of the required components needed to complete this repair.
Section 1 - BMW F30 Fog Light Bulb ReplacementThe BMW F30 fog light bulb must be accessed from inside the front fender well. There is unfortunately not an access cover...you will need to remove a few screws from the fender liner and pull it back to remove the bulb.
- Turn the front wheel out on the side of the vehicle you are replacing the fog light bulb on.
- Using an 8mm socket wrench, remove the three outside fender liner screws. This will loosen the fender liner just enough so the rear of the fog light can be accessed.
- Locate the rear of the fog light lamp. The H8 fog light bulb is mounted in the rear of the lamp.
- Turn the H8 fog light bulb clockwise to release it from the lamp.
- Disconnect the electrical connection from the bulb by pinching in the sides and pulling it free.
- Install a new bulb following the above steps in reverse. Never touch the glass of a new bulb with your bare hands...the oil from your skin can cause it to overheat.
BMW F30 Fog Light Bulb Replacement Finished